Monday, October 11, 2010

Running solo

Since I've started running I've tried to keep some company with me. I've gone with the dogs, Ironman Chris Dillow, but on Saturday I went by myself. My plan was to go to Sugar Hollow to run the cross country course a couple of times. The course is very hilly and about 5k, mostly on grass and sidewalk. It was kinda hot, but not muggy so I thought I could get 10k in easily. Being by myself, my pace was probably a little faster than it should have been so I wore down pretty quickly.

I've realized that I run a lot better when I have someone to run with. Chris and I ran about six miles last week and I didn't really have much trouble with it. The last bit hurt, but I got through it much better than running by myself. I need to find a good pace to run so I'll be enlisting some running partners to help pace me, plus it's nice to have some conversation to pass the time. I've seen people run with iPods, but I can't do it. I like to hear my feet hit the ground. Today, I'll be by myself again, hopefully finding my pace on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment