Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Not running in place

So I'm having trouble getting the blog to link to the facebook fan page. It would be nice if I could have it automatically post to facebook via internet magic, but I always get the dreaded, "Something went wrong. We're working to fix it" message. Bullocks!

Yesterday was a bit of a milestone...I ran six miles. Yep, I'm around halfway to a half marathon and six miles is the longest distance I have ever run...without stopping. Chris and I ran at a leisurely pace that consisted of discussion topics ranging from vacations in Colombia to that old Mantracker show that came on one of the Discovery channels. Turns out we have great show ideas we will be pitching in the near future. Chris can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think our time for the entire run was 45ish minutes. It seemed like it went faster. I did feel pretty good after the run as well as during the run. I think I may be getting the hang of it, finally.

I have come to the realization that the shoes I am running with need to be replaced with shoes that I should be running with. My right arch felt like it was going to split in two when we finished. I am expecting to stop by the FootRX or Fleet Feet, whichever one I happen to be in the vicinity of when I remember my shoe problem, to get matched to a proper running shoe. I ran track for a bit in my earlier days of high school and wore a pair of Avia's. From what I recall, they were very comfortable shoes, so maybe that is my shoe match? I'll let the experts decide I guess.

It's getting much colder now which means that I will be tempted to do some training indoors on boring treadmills. I enjoy the outdoors, so I may have to suck it up, throw on the micro-fleece and run outside anyway. Really cold weather hurts my chest, but running inside is lame-o.

5 comments:

  1. Oh sure, you get a new pair of running shoes. My shins hate you. But, shoes are necessary... unless you run barefoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get brand focused on shoes, they're just like bikes. By that I mean that every company makes a model for every budget, be it good, bad or ugly. Go for what is most comfortable on your foot. (Mandatory Fleet Feet plug. I am an employee, I have to pimp my place. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amanda - you and I can go together to get shoes. It will be fun!

    @AC - I only mention the brand cuz they were comfortable. Since I haven't done much running since my short-lived track days, that's all I know of shoes right now. I would, however, prefer a shoe that is bright and ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have pair of hi-viz 'highway work crew' yellow Brooks..but I only bust those out for special occasions
    Mizuno use to make some d@&* ugly trail shoes too

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're gonna be a Marathon Man yet Anthony...

    ReplyDelete