Monday, January 10, 2011

Weather schmeather.

Seeing as how the weather is still somewhat arctic, it's safe to say that going outside to run hasn't been really high on my list of things to do. Probably not a good thing, but I have found something I can do indoors that pertains a little to running. The other night I decided that the days I can't run and want to, I'm going to work on some things that I have neglected, mainly my core and some basic strengthening exercises.

The other night I started doing some plyometrics and some core work. I did some old exercises I remember from my basketball days as well as some yoga -type strengthening exercises I have learned in the past few years. If you've never done yoga for strengthening, you should really try it. It's much more of a workout than you realize. Plus, just about every yoga pose or move goes a long way to work some of the muscles that get ignored during your normal routine. I also decided to work in some one-leg lunges that really hurt after a while.

I'm hoping the weather clears up, or at least warms up, a bit, then I'll have some good running stories. Until then you get the 'what-I-do-indoors' stories.

And one more note, the last time I went to run, Ironman Dillow backed out on me. You'll pay for that one Dillow!

No comments:

Post a Comment