Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Old Spice style - Two things at once.

It's tough to stick to a running regimen when I have a brand new mountain bike sitting in the garage waiting to be abused on a trail somewhere. Yes, I prefer to ride my bike, but having the new bike has gotten me quite motivated to run, strangely enough. I hear people talk every year about cross training in the Winter for Spring bike races, but I have never actually tried it consistently.

This year, I plan to race my mountain bike in the Tennessee Cup Series that consists of three races, so running will not only help me train for my marathon in April, but give me some good base cross training for the cup series. Killing two birds with one stone...so the saying goes.

I have a run planned today with Ironman Chris Dillow. He calls today's run 'LSD'. Not the drug of choice for hippies in the late 60's, but the acronym for 'Long Slow Distance', or we run until we hallucinate. I'm going for a 5ish mile run...that sounds much more reasonable to me.

I'm looking forward to today's run, mainly because my last run was almost 100% pain-free. I had a little pain near the end of the run, but it was nothing to really write home about. I'll keep you posted on how today's run goes and hope it goes well!

1 comment:

  1. and like a loser i had to bail ... did you get a run in?

    ReplyDelete