Monday, January 24, 2011

War Party

Man, what an exhausting week I had last week! With work and a bunch of other stuff going on, it was tough to get over to my blog to do an writing. This week seems a bit more mellow, but still busy.

I did get to run a ride a few times last week. With the cold weather I found myself at the YMCA running on the treadmill one day. It wasn't entirely bad, I got to look outside while I was running. It's strange running on the treadmill. I kept a pretty decent pace most of the 40 minutes I ran, but the treadmill's "odometer" only read just over three miles. I know that when I run with Ironman Dillow, a 40 minute run usually tallies more than that. I could be slacking though, but we'll find out. I also got to get outside and run with Dillow and Greg Carr. Greg is doing a crash course training program to get ready for the War Party. That's mountain-biker style for those of you keeping tabs. Must be in our blood. We had a good run around Bristol and even had to yell at Greg a few times when he missed turns while we were talking. We may tether him to Dillow's hip next time.

I'm taking another stab at another race this weekend. Warriors Path State Park is hosting the War Party 10k. I've ran some 5k's, the Crazy 8's and the never-to-mention-again half marathon, but never a 10k. This will be interesting, but I think it will be fun. The best part about this one is that I will be able to run, at least for a while, with some people I know. Ironman Dillow and Greg will be running as well. I've never run the course, but I hear it's a good one. I'd like to think I'll have a good finishing time, but we all know how it went last time I set a time limit for an organized event (the aforementioned half marathon).

My biggest concern is my foot and how it will hold up. It feels fine for the majority of my runs, but the next day is still somewhat sore and tender. I do my stretches in the mornings and it tends to help it out. I have noticed that the soreness and tenderness is going away sooner than it used to though.

I know a lot of you that read this are runners, and if you are, you should consider coming out to the War Party on Saturday and run with me. I (somewhat) guarantee that you will have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment