Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's the most wonderful run....

Ten days since my last post and it has been a busy ten days. I've had lots of work to do before the new year approaches which means that my blogging has been lacking. I have been running though!

I've come to the realization that running trails is much more fun than running on the roads. This makes sense to me since I'd rather be riding my mountain bike than my road bike if plan to ride. The trails offer a nicer cushion to land on when I'm running which means that my plantar fasciitis doesn't flame up nearly as early in my run.

During my last run there was still quite a bit of snow in some areas of the park, especially the trails. I ran part of the cross country course out there, but added a little more trail to the loop and ran part of it in reverse. When I was running the reverse section, I had to run up a hill, not a big hill, but a hill and it reminded me of that scene in Rocky IV where Rocky ditches the Russians following him in the car by ducking off the road, then he runs up the mountain and yells 'DRAGOOO!!!" a bunch of times. Well, my ascent to the top of the hill wasn't that dramatic, but I thought about it anyway.

I'm going to start planning running routes at Sugar Hollow Park on the trails since I can create lots of options. Running trails also keeps me off the roads and away from crazy drivers, especially this time of year when everyone is out shopping and hating other people.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. been doing some weekend long runs at Bays, thats pretty fun place on foot. Also B-Rad mentioned doing some running up on Buffalo, a thought.

    ReplyDelete